Artist Shane Townley | b.1972 | Biography
Shane Townley has worked internationally since 2004 as a designer, artist, gallerist, nonprofit professional, and independent curator, collaborating with emerging & established contemporary artists and gallerists. He works with clients consisting of art institutions, corporations, galleries and individuals, both domestically and internationally. His uniquely diverse background in the arts, design, nonprofit development, and arts management has positioned him to skillfully aid creative professionals, art patrons, and institutions in sustainable social and economic growth in art collections.
Shane Townley is an Internationally Collected Artist, Designer, Foundation Founder and Art Director. He built 13 galleries from scratch, he has done everything with his own hands all the way down to the drywall. Creating work of interiors, landscape and art work are his passions. His work can be found in private homes and corporate collections worldwide.
Townley has exhibited and curated shows in New York, New Jersey, Laguna Beach, Beverly Hills, San Diego, Palm Desert, Monterey, Las Vegas and Scottsdale, AZ. He also has connections to galleries in Venice, Italy and Barcelona, Spain. Townley founded a non-profit group in 2013 dedicated to arts education and funding to donate art supplies to children’s hospitals, schools and other organizations. The non-profit group is called the Townley Arts Foundation Inc. 501c3.
He currently lives and works in his home / studio in Laguna Beach, CA working throughout Orange County, San Diego and LA county.
Join the list for the next open studios.
Townley’s Current, Past Projects and Accomplishments:
• Non-profit 501c3, Brooklyn, NY “with a Focus on Art Supplies for Children” (2015)
• Foundation INC 501c3, Mana Contemporary, Jersey City (2016-2017)
• Townley Gallery International, Laguna Beach, CA (2009-Current)
• Townley Wines – label marketing, Napa Valley, CA (2004-current)
• GALLERY 104, San Clemente, CA (2004-2014)
• Gallery Surface, Laguna Beach, CA (2009)
• Gallery 224, Laguna Beach, CA (2014-2015)
• LGOCA – Laguna Gallery of Contemporary Art, Laguna Beach, CA (founder 2012-Current)
sales and marketing; group memberships:
• Laguna Beach Art Museum (10 year member)
• NewYorkART.com (current member)
• SanDiegoART.com (current member)
• BeverlyHillsART.com (current member)
• LagunaART.com (current member)
• ArtGalleryGo.com (current member)
• America Fine Art Group (current member)
• Axelle Gallery, Soho, NYC
• Georges Berges Gallery, Soho, NYC
• Pleiades Gallery, Chelsea, NYC
• Townley Gallery International, Laguna Beach, CA
• Mana Contemporary Museum, Jersey City, NJ
• Basel, Miami, FL
• Plaiedes Gallery, Chelsea, NY
• Surface Gallery, Laguna Beach, CA
• LGOCA – Laguna Gallery of Contemporary Art, Laguna Beach, CA
• GALLERY 104, San Clemente, CA